[FFmpeg-devel] mingw-w64 and -D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 10:05:04 CET 2013

Commit 3bb91a1b5c4a0c5ec9c4d3b6649b23285c3d7f26 from libav enabled
-D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO for every version of mingw-w64.
Before that, we only enabled it for versions => 3 and used the compat
file msvcrt/snprintf.o for everything else.
We're still using that compat file for old versions, and now also
paired with -D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO.

Do we revert that commit, or remove the inclusion ofmsvcrt/snprintf.o?
Or a better question, can they safely work together? FATE systems didn't
seem to break after this, but no idea what version they are using.