[FFmpeg-devel] Encoding single frame

Roelof van Wyk RWyk at irdeto.com
Fri Dec 20 09:25:19 CET 2013

Hi All

I need to do the following:

1.       Decode a H264 stream and identify a certain B frame/picture

2.       Perform some modifications to the frame

3.       Re-encode _only_ that frame and insert back into the original stream, without any modifications to the surrounding frames. I do not want to re-encode the entire stream

So if the input GOP is IBBPBBPBBP..., the output GOP must be IBBPB'PBBP...

Does the ffmpeg/libav API allow the encoder context to be initialized from the decoder context such that this can be done, and if so, can anybody provide me with some ideas or examples?

Thanks
Roelof