[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: libssh on Windows

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sat Dec 28 16:29:22 CET 2013

L'octidi 8 nivôse, an CCXXII, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> I stand corrected.
> I would suggest to use those if that header is generally available, or a
> fixed constant otherwise.

http://trac.libssh2.org/browser/libssh2/include/libssh2_sftp.h?rev=7058b7fc2a74f37736f98870cb73145574de3fa1

The constants are there since 2006-11-13; in other words, it is present
since the 1.0 release from 2008-12-26, but was not there in the 0.8 release
from 2005-03-23.

But I believe hardcoding 0666 (or 0664) in the code would be more readable
anyways for most developers. A comment "/* 0666 = -rw-rw-rw- (minus umask)
*/" might help the remaining ones.

> I suspect the current default of 0664 is because that's what files are
> created with on most distributions with default umask, but you are right
> that 0666 would make more sense (though this is a separate issue really).

This is indeed a separate issue, but if someone is going to change that
line to use the correct constants, they might as well change it to use the
correct value at the same time.