[FFmpeg-devel] BUG in use of extradata and extradata_size with dvb subtitles and teletext

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Dec 30 20:12:18 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 07:07:37PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On 30.12.2013, at 17:47, Andriy Lysnevych <andriy.lysnevych at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Copy does not work because of different formats AVPacket payload for DVB
> > subtitles. I described the issue here: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2989
> >
> > Patch for DVB subtitles attached. Please review it. After accepting it we
> > will create patch to fix Teletext issues.
> >
> > The patch does the following:
> > 1) Uses the same AVPacket payload for DVB subtitles across all FFmpeg
> > (Fixed: DVB subtitles parser, DVB subtitles encoder, DVB subtitles encoder,
> > MPEGTS muxer)
>
> Obviously not all, DVB subtitles should be possible inside MKV and MXF (as far as I remember), too, at least.
> Would have to check if FFmpeg really misses support for that...

I checked: matroska, nut and wtv all support DVB subtitles in FFmpeg.
So I would expect that your patch misses changes for all 3 of those
(though I have a suspicion that the exact formats those use differs
slightly so that at least stream copy from those into MPEG-TS might not
work well either way).