[FFmpeg-devel] Vid.stab video stabilization ready for libavfilter

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Feb 23 04:24:25 CET 2013

Hi

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:06:22PM +0100, Georg Martius wrote:
> Dear ffmpeg developers,
>
> I am the author of the vid.stab [1] video stabilization library that is used
> in transcode so far.
> Now I have implemented filters for libavfilter which work great.
> The code-base was completely restructured and is now independent of transcode
> and available as a library. The code is on github [2].
>
> How can it become part of ffmpeg?
> a) the library becomes part of ffmpeg (a subdir in the tree)
> b) the library stays stand-alone and only the two filter files go into the
> libavfilter directory.

As the maintainer of the code you have to decide if you want the
code outside ffmpeg with a wraper in ffmpeg or all integrated in
ffmpeg.
both have their pros and cons as listed by others

Its you who will do the future maintaince work on it so its clearly
your choice

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell