[FFmpeg-devel] yadif relicensing

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Mon Feb 25 09:08:11 CET 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 22:52:49 +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>>On date Friday 2013-02-22 17:40:45 +0100, Robert Krüger encoded:
>>[...]
>>> Attached are the commit logs with some notes, that I took as the basis
>>> for this (I also looked into a few patches of people that are not in
>>> the list to be sure).
>
> imo, its much easier to just relicense the first version which only
> michael had copyright on, and then use some of the bounty to pay a
> coder to fix it up and optimize it again.
>
> trying to contact old authors for relicensing is like herding cats.
>
> -compn

Interesting option. I guess since that person is most likely going to
be Michael too, it will depend on what he thinks of such a sponsored
"yadif next generation" approach. For a transition period both filters
could coexist much like the mplayer filters being removed once an
equivalent or better version is there. I would definitely help testing
a new deinterlacing filter.

Robert