[FFmpeg-devel] [Report] Summary of donations in the second semester of 2012

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 16:48:11 CET 2013

On date Wednesday 2013-01-02 09:49:42 +0100, Clément Bœsch encoded:
[...]
> I know I've raised that topic a few times already, but it would be nice to
> have public information about who contributed (for those willing to
> obviously), and link it somewhere on the website. My reasoning behind this
> is that it is important for some companies IMO; typically companies
> willing to show the world they are supporting such open source projects.
> In these cases, money is generally the simpler way for them, and an
> anonymous donation has no benefit at all for them.

In the past semester all "consistent" donations were done by private
users, and the current donation mechanism is pretty inflexible and
doesn't allow to give consent to publish the donor credentials in an
automated fashion. The request can be done through explicit request
(e.g. by mail) if the need arises.

Alternatively we may create a sort of "contest" for which a company
can propose its sponsorship and gain some visibility on a dedicated
section of the website.
--
FFmpeg = Friendly and Frightening Multipurpose Pure Ecletic Geisha