[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] libavcodec:add dxva2 decoder for h264, mpeg2, vc1.wmv3
h.leppkes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 09:44:32 CET 2013
here is some more comments:
- Why are all the functions in dxva2_wrapper.h public (av_* prefix)?
They should be private with the ff_ prefix. None of these functions or
headers should be public (or have any need to be)
- Makefile: CONFIG_DXVA2 does NOT need the new files, so they should
not be included there. They should only be included if the new
decoder(s) are selected.
- get_mpeg2_video_format assumes there always is extradata, which may
not be the case, and should be checked.
- The handling of the parser in the h264 part of check_format looks
quite broken, i have no clue what its supposed to do? You have no data
to parse there.
- Additionally, your check is incomplete, h264 8-bit 4:2:0 could still
be incompatible with hardware decoders, you also need to check for the
profile, only baseline/main/high is supported by current hardware, and
8-bit 4:2:0 could still be lossless, for example.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel