[FFmpeg-devel] Subtitle filters in libavfilter

Chris Burel chrisburel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 23:17:37 CET 2013

My original post was this one, and it gives some of the issues with doing
the rendering in the xsub encoder or ass decoder:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2011-May/112170.html

At the time, it was suggested to add subtitle support to libavfilter, and
that seemed like the cleanest approach to me.  Then when I saw the ass
video filter had already been implemented, it seems like most of the code
is already in place.  All that would be necessary is to split up the filter
into two separate ones.