[FFmpeg-devel] next major release

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Jul 10 17:08:14 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 07:40:18PM -0800, Lou Logan wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013, at 05:29 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >
> > release done
> >
> > next point release (2.0.1) is planed in 1-2 weeks
>
> Thank you for organizing this release, but "Nameless"?

If you dont like the name for 2.0, thats a bit late for 2.0 now
though it doesnt look like that bad of a name to me but thats just
me ...

For future releases the community could choose a name and tell me
before i make the release or if we prefer we could drop the names
on future releases completely or keep leaving it to the one making the
release (me). I have no preferrance at all here ...

For 2.0 if you like you could think of it as
The community failed to name it thus its nameless ;)

Also if people want we could pick future names from one or more
specific set(s) like foods, city names, colors, greek gods, fantasy
creatures, or whetver

again ive no real preferrance here

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch