[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] Matroska demuxer adds WebVTT support
matthewjheaney at google.com
Thu Jul 18 19:26:20 CEST 2013
On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 4:02 AM, Nicolas George <
nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:
> Therefore, the correct solution here would be to change the WebVTT demuxer
> to output packets in the same format as Matroska rather than changing the
> Matroska demuxer. The reason is that Matroska is generic while WebVTT is
Just so I'm understanding, I think the change you asking me to make
involves some or all of the following steps:
(1) change the existing webvtt demuxer to output packets that match their
embedded representation in WebM.
(2) change this Matroska demuxer patch to push webvtt frames downstream, as
is, in their embedded form.
(3) add a WebVTT codec that understands webvtt frames as embedded in a WebM
file, and converts them to some canonical text track format
(4) change the existing webm muxer to accept a new packet format
(5) change the existing webvtt muxer to accept a new packet format
Is my understanding correct?
I'm on vacation for a couple of weeks, so this work will have to wait until
> By the way, do you know any other container format that supports WebVTT?
No, Just *.vtt and *.webm.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel