[FFmpeg-devel] Possible crasher bug when decoding unreliable H264 data

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri Jun 21 12:13:05 CEST 2013

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 02:21:24 -0700, Mark Stevans wrote:
>Sorry I don't have a complete stack trace on this one, but I didn't save
>it from the last crash, and it takes about 4-6 hours to get the bug to
>occur again.  And I don't have sample data, because I'm playing a 100
>KB/s stream (rtmp://planeta-online.tv:1936/live/channel_22) with FFPlay
>for hours to get the bug to happen.

you know we like full gdb reports.
and patches in diff -u or git diff output.

i cant comment on your patch as i dont know the code.
the patch might be good or not, but without a gdb bt its harder to tell.

is it reproducable just letting ffplay_g play that stream for hours?
do you think it would also crash ffmpeg_g ?

-compn