[FFmpeg-devel] flag naming conventions?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 20:17:37 CET 2013

On Mar 09, 2013, at 14:14, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Those macros use/return cpu cycles, based on the TSC register, PPC equivalent or something I haven't looked at for ARM or BFIN (whatever that is). I want to have time in SI units, i.e. seconds.

To come ack to the platform-dependency criticism I got a day or so ago for using size_t ... libavutil/timer.h uses gethrtime in some cases. I don't know what that function returns, but I kind of suspect it to be a time unit - and if so, the STOP_TIMER av_log output becomes incorrect.

> Yes, please don't forget to read
> http://ffmpeg.org/developer.html

What, again? :)

If only it explained how to generate a patch file without first doing a commit (that has to be undone somehow to create the next iteration of your patch) :-/

René