[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg doesn't accept named pipes?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Mar 11 19:42:09 CET 2013

Le primidi 21 ventôse, an CCXXI, "René J.V. Bertin" a écrit :
> I can confirm that ffmpeg can read from stdin, whether one constructs a
> piped command on the command line or by calling ffmpeg through the popen
> function (and using fwrite, without fflush)

I hope you realize that not calling fflush at the right moments will not
prevent your setup from working, but will delay ffmpeg from receiving the
latest data until additional data has been added to complete a buffer. If
your application is somehow interactive, it will introduce a visible
latency.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George