[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-user] prores4444 to dpx: colourshift & translation, dpxenc.c patch

ArnoB ffmpeg at rgbaz.eu
Thu Mar 14 14:10:49 CET 2013

Hello,

First, my apologies for cross posting, but I think this belongs
in the dev-list.

I dug into the code and managed to find a very simple solution
for the problem I encountered. I added a line to libavcodec/dpexenc.c
diff dpxenc.new.c dpxenc.c:

215d214
<     write32(buf + 808, HEADER_SIZE); /* data offset */

(I hope I'm providing this the correct way.)

Another thing I found is that the dpx-encoding header is
very minimal and the header offset should be bigger according
to the SMPTE specs.

this leads me to the question if it's ok for me to supply a patch
that upgrades the DPX encoding header to version 2.0?
Here are the official papers (although I was told SMPTE never
actually made DPX an official standard because of the lack of
tape-names in the header, basically making it impossible to
use in a tv/film environment if you just use the standard):
http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/dpx/S268M_Revised.pdf

thanks in advance,

Arno Beekman