[FFmpeg-devel] [REPORT] FFmpeg at Video Vortex #9

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 12:59:55 CET 2013

Hi all,

I was invited to the Video Vortex Festival #9, which was held in
Luneburg, Germany, from 28th of February to 2nd of March, to represent
the FFmpeg project. For more information see:
http://videovortex9.net/program/

I took part to the session called "Free video infrastructure":
http://videovortex9.net/ai1ec_event/free-video-infrastructures/?instance_id=345

for which I gave a short introduction to FFmpeg (15 minutes):
http://www.slideshare.net/sabast/ffmpeg-the-universal-multimedia-toolkit

During the session various developers presented their own projects
(VLC, Pan.do.ra, Projekktor, Vodo, P2Pnext), and we had a final joint
discussion.

I had the opportunity to interact with other developers and users and
share some insight about the outstanding issues and prospectives
related to the free multimedia platform. The overall idea seems that
it reached a significant level of maturity and completeness, while it
is still an open problem how to make best use of the available tools
to effectively interact with the social and economic spere.

In particular, it was mentioned at some point that a common shared
channel gathering various related multimedia projects for technical
and meta-technical discussion could be useful. This would allow to
raise awareness about multimedia events and promote integration and
cooperation between projects.

I would like to thank Volker Grassmuck, Agata Królikowski, the Video
Vortex organization team and the other participants for creating this
opportunity.
--
FFmpeg = Fierce & Frenzy Mournful Power EnGraver