[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffmpeg/ffprobe commandline option to av_log_set_callback ?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 14:24:10 CET 2013

I have some code (which doesn't have an stderr) that invokes ffprobe and ffmpeg via popen(), reading identifying information from the former's stdout and piping content into the latter's stdin . This code does have the option do display a progress/log window, and I would be interested to have an option to configure ffmpeg and ffprobe to send their log messages there, too. On MS Windows, this would be as simple as sending a string to a NamedPipe.

I think I cannot be the only one with this kind of utilisation and interest, or am I? I'd be willing to have a shot at implementing this (guidelines/comments welcome! :) ) but TBH only if there's enough interest for it to be included rapidly.

René