[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffmpeg/ffprobe commandline option to av_log_set_callback ?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Mar 24 11:25:02 CET 2013

On 22 Mar 2013, at 19:41, "René J.V. Bertin" <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, for confirmation: if I use an std::string to accumulate partly received messages and then "reset" it by assigning an empty string (""), the old content is released, right?

This is extremely off-topic, FFmpeg is not even written in C++, avoiding the sky-high layers of obfuscation C++ is famous for...
However the less messy way of doing it is using the clear() function.
And to answer such questions use a leak checker, on Windows Dr.Memory is a nice and free tool, nobody should be writing any code without regularly using such a tool.
(which reminds me, any chance someone would volunteer to set up a FATE client running FFmpeg on Windows under Dr.Memory?)