[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Google Summer of Code 2013

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 01:30:18 CET 2013

On date Saturday 2013-03-23 23:59:16 +0100, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> On date Saturday 2013-03-23 00:16:18 +0100, Stefano Sabatini encoded:

> > > Attached:
> > >
> > > * application.org.llogan.txt - my mostly trivial changes based on your
> > >   file so you can diff if desired.
> > >
> > > * application.org.formatted.txt - same answers above, but I re-organized
> > >   the questions based on [1]. Most obvious addition is the largely
> > >   redundant question #17. I simply split the answer from question #14.
> > >
> > > My next step to add some sort of introduction for students on the ideas
> > > page.
> [...]
> > No more comments from me, thanks.
> >
> > I'll send the application tomorrow. It should be possible to edit the
> > text after the application is done in case.
> >
> > We're still lacking backup mentors for the following tasks:
> > * H.264 Multiview Video Coding (MVC)
> > * Animated Portable Network Graphics (APNG)
> > * Postproc optimizations
> > * MPEG-4 ALS encoder
> > * Hardware Acceleration (hwaccel) API v2
> >
> > Please let us know as soon as possible if you want to co-mentor these
> > tasks.
> > I'll be the default backup mentor in case no one shows up.
>
> Application submitted, ping for new candidate mentors and backup
> mentors.

New ping for mentors and backup-mentors.

According to timeline:
https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013

March 29: 19:00 UTC	Mentoring organization proposal deadline.
April 1 - 5:	        Google program administrators review organization proposals.

so we have around 1 week to assign new tasks and assign co-mentors
yet, but the sooner we do it the better.

We are still missing backup mentors for the tasks:
* H.264 Multiview Video Coding (MVC)
* Animated Portable Network Graphics (APNG)
* Postproc optimizations
* MPEG-4 ALS encoder
* Hardware Acceleration (hwaccel) API v2

See:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_of_Code_2013

Contact the corresponding mentor if you want to help with it.
--
FFmpeg = Furious and Freak Merciful Pure Easy Generator