[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] AAC encoder improvements

Claudio Freire klaussfreire at gmail.com
Sun May 5 22:36:05 CEST 2013

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>> Can I have a look at the samples you've tried?
>
> see http://ffmpeg.org/~michael/psnr_loosing_audio/
> i tried encoding at 64,128 and 256 kbps:
> If someone has a link to a more standard and diverse set of
> reference audio samples ...
> also note above are just decoded mp3s not raw cd quality audio as
> it should be, it was just intended as a quick check for the patch ...

Lame's suit[0] is quite diverse. But I can't seem to reproduce the
issue this hunk is trying to solve. It may have been some bug in an
intermediate form of my other patches, that this hunk corrected, but
is no longer needed. So perhaps it should be put on hold until/if I do
reproduce it.

[0] http://lame.sourceforge.net/download/samples/