[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] AAC encoder improvements

Claudio Freire klaussfreire at gmail.com
Mon May 6 08:04:38 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 2:46 AM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 06.05.2013, at 06:27, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire at gmail.com> wrote:
>> BTW... got any tool to clean up sources after editing to remove
>> trailing whitespace and whatever other pickiness git has? I feel doing
>> this by hand would be the wrong way.
>
> I think it's called an editor, and any reasonable one should be configurable to not add tabs or whitespace in the first place.

Well, most editors I know (gedit, kwrite, vim, mcedit) will apply that
to the whole file. Well, surely vim can be configured to whatever
whim, but I'm no vim expert to do that (nor do I want to waste my
weekends learning vim). Thing is, editors when configured to remove
trailing spaces, will mess the whole file and create lots of diffs.
Not an option.

> Otherwise I believe uncrustify can be configured to _only_ remove trailing whitespace, however all other setting shouldn't be applied to the whole file.
> Lastly sed in in-place mode can of course do such replacements/removals rather trivially, once you figure out the right regexp...

sed will do. I was hoping, given you've got it configured in git,
you'd already have a script for that.