[FFmpeg-devel] Patch for Trac ticket #2579

Claudio Freire klaussfreire at gmail.com
Fri May 17 21:46:58 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Marcus Johnson
<bumblebritches57 at gmail.com> wrote:
> IF this bug is only encountered by Drones, I vote it's not applied, open
> source products shouldn't be used in warzones, you've got plenty of money
> for killing people, develope your own software to do it with.

While I agree with the sentiment,

 1 - Not taking the patch makes little sense if it's a good patch, it
won't stop military uses if the license allows those uses.
 2 - Why would it be only a Drone issue? I can imagine lots of
situations where accessing unrecognized streams might make sense.