[FFmpeg-devel] Commit 0b06bd1: libaacplus: set supported profiles

Timothy Gu timothygu99 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 21:18:15 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Timothy Gu <timothygu99 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> In commit
>> 0b06bd1c7a1df2d957d4a74765359ec024c971f5:
>> libaacplus: set supported profiles, the profiles
>> supported by libaacplus are set as
>>
>> { FF_PROFILE_AAC_LOW, "LC" },
>>
>> But shouldn't it be
>>
>> { FF_PROFILE_AAC_HE_V2, "HE-AACv2" },
>
> Ideally, you would send a patch made with
> git format-patch that fixes the issue.

After some digging in the source code, I found an interesting code line [1]:

invalid AAC profile: %d, only LC supported

Even the official website of the library said that it is "HE-AAC+"[2],
then why does it say "only LC supported"?

I hope the original author can answer this. I am not sure if this is
really an issue to "fix".

Timothy

[1] libavcodec/libaacplus.c:61
[2] http://tipok.org.ua/node/17