[FFmpeg-devel] x11 output device for libavdevice

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sun May 26 12:27:16 CEST 2013

On date Tuesday 2013-05-14 17:16:34 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos encoded:
> Stefano Sabatini <stefasab <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > +  --enable-xv              enable Xv video display [no]
>
> Imo, this should be autodetected.
> (Why should it be handled differently from alsa?)

Because right now the build system is schizofrenic, and it is not
clear when autodetection logic should be used or not. In most cases
the user is *required* to explicitly specify all the libraries she
wants to use (and the configure script will complain&fail in case the
library is not detected). To my eyes libxv is no exception.

Ideally we should be able to set the autodetection policy, for example
to automatically enable all the available libraries/features.
--
FFmpeg = Fast and Free Maxi Pure Elected God