[FFmpeg-devel] filtering based on exif information

Jan Pohanka xhpohanka at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 14:03:31 CET 2013

Hi Clément,

thank you for prompt answer.

2013/11/19 Clément Bœsch <u at pkh.me>

> If *you* are willing to help with development that is the correct
> mailing-list indeed.

I will check if I'm capable enough...

> We export some rotation metadata (the MOV demuxer does it), but we don't
> yet honor them in the rotate/transpose filter. IIRC the current blocking
> thing is because it's not transmitting the format/streams metadata to the
> filters; it should probably done at init time in those filters.

If I understand the sources correctly MOV demuxer adds metada to the
metadata field of AVFormatContext structure or directly to AVStream.
So I need to do something similar for MJPEG decoder in my case.
I do not understand yet how I can access these data in libavfilter but
I will find something. Is there more than image buffer in current
implementation?

regards
Jan