[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Move ffplay engine to separate library

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 20:39:31 CET 2013

On date Saturday 2013-11-23 20:28:57 +0100, Nicolas George encoded:
> Le tridi 3 frimaire, an CCXXII, Stefano Sabatini a écrit :
[...]
> 3. Create a lavfi sink for each output device.
>
> If that were to happen, then you could implement an audio player by just
> connecting the amovie source to the ALSA sink, and focus on the UI.

Why do you need a sink for every output device? Why not a generic sink
like movie is for input formats/devices?

BTW I already wrote a sink, the main problem was how to pass nested
options (we have the same problem with source, indeed we can't set
"private" options but just a few generic format options).
--
FFmpeg = Foolish Frenzy Maxi Prodigious Embarassing Gadget