[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Move ffplay engine to separate library

Lukasz M lukasz.m.luki at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 22:07:32 CET 2013

On 23 November 2013 21:54, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> Le tridi 3 frimaire, an CCXXII, Lukasz M a écrit :
> > Yes, I'm reading. I made this probe_device API exactly for this reason.
> > You can probe device for all supported formats and you can configure
> sink.
> >
> > But there is still a problem you already mention with extra memcpy's.
> > Adding extra API to bypass avcodec_encode_video2/audio2 would be more
> > effective when device supportes raw data.
>
> That is exactly what I would like to eliminate. Let us work together to get
> a good API, if you want.

I want. I'm glad someone more experienced get interested in it.

> I still have your proposal patch in my mailbox, but I had not yet found
> time
> to read it carefully.

Take your time. I'm also quite busy recently and didn't work on it since
then.
I started to use it though and it works fine.
The only thing I see that may be improved is AVDeviceConfig structure.
int format; can be replaced with int formats[] so there is only one entry
returned for all formats per codec.
It would be more convenient at client side, but still audio raw codec are
1-1 mapped so it is relevant only for video and non raw audio's.