[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg-2.1 + freetype-2.5.1 build break + fix info

David Favor david at davidfavor.com
Thu Nov 28 16:52:13 CET 2013

The break involves this line from configure...

     enabled libfreetype && require_pkg_config freetype2 "ft2build.h freetype/freetype.h" FT_Init_FreeType

What works is...

     enabled libfreetype && require_pkg_config freetype2 "ft2build.h freetype/freetype.h" FT_Init_FreeType

Looking at recent git activity on 'configure', no changes seem to have been made.

Then I remembered, I updated freetype today... so I'm guessing freetype changed this file's location.

Looking at Freetype, include files show up different places for different versions of Freetype...

    OSX Mavericks + Freetype-2.5.1  -> /opt/local/include/freetype2

    Ubuntu 13.10  + Freetype-2.4.12 -> /usr/include/freetype2/freetype

So it appears Freetype has removed the 'freetype' subdirectory. Ugh...

I'm unsure of the correct way to fix this.

A temp fix is either hack configure to remove the 'freetype' subdirectory or...

    cd /opt/local/include/freetype2 && mkdir freetype && cd freetype && ln -s ../freetype.h

Please let me know the ticket opened for this problem + I'll open a MacPorts ticket
to reference the ffmpeg ticket, because likely this problem will crop up shortly in MacPorts.

Thanks.

--
Love Living Well Doing What You Love?
http://DavidFavor.com/books can help!