[FFmpeg-devel] print_segments: Print segment filenames when they are complete and written to disk.

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 10:44:53 CEST 2013

On date Tuesday 2013-10-15 08:55:03 +0100, Billy Shambrook encoded:
> sent PR to GitHub: https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/pull/37
>
> Have added the option to print the filenames of the segments that are
> created when they are complete and written to disk.
>

> This was a need for me to do a call to action when each segment is complete
> without the need to wait for the entire file to be segmented.

I confess that I don't like this solution, since it spams the output
and the solution is underkill since log is not the proper place where
to signal events. (log is not a proper IPC mechanism - a proper
solution could be to implement a signalling/event system in
muxers/demuxer to signal special events)

I suggest to do this: simply add a verbose log in segment_end, this
way you don't need to spam the log but you still manage to achieve
your objective (by increasing the log level).

Please send the updated patch here.
--
FFmpeg = Fierce & Fantastic Maxi Philosophical Exciting Glue