[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] configure: enable libavresample by default
nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 20 19:23:23 CEST 2013
There are several reasons why we should do this:
- It makes it easier to migrate from Libav to FFmpeg.
- Reduces differences between Libav and FFmpeg, increases
interoperability, and reduces the change that software becomes
Libav or FFmpeg only (the latter would not be bad for FFmpeg, but
the latter definitely is - so interoperability is better for FFmpeg
- Makes resampling and mixing behavior (performance and quality)
more predictable for software that has to run with both FFmpeg
- Makes some Libav-only software run on FFmpeg (assuming there
is software which relies on libavresample being present).
- Easier to maintain than a hypothetical API compatibility wrapper
around libswresample to make it look like libavresample.
- Some audio filters in lavfi depend on it. They are disabled if
libavresample is disabled.
- You shouldn't cause pain to your users just because you think
that libswresample is unambiguously better than libavresample.
- It's in the source tree, so why not enable it?
configure | 4 ++--
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/configure b/configure
index 4245345..baaad86 100755
@@ -129,7 +129,7 @@ Component options:
--disable-swscale disable libswscale build
--disable-postproc disable libpostproc build
--disable-avfilter disable libavfilter build
- --enable-avresample enable libavresample build [no]
+ --disable-avresample disable libavresample build
--disable-pthreads disable pthreads [auto]
--disable-w32threads disable Win32 threads [auto]
--disable-os2threads disable OS/2 threads [auto]
@@ -2326,7 +2326,7 @@ host_os=$target_os_default
# configurable options
-enable $(filter_out avresample $LIBRARY_LIST)
More information about the ffmpeg-devel