[FFmpeg-devel] FFMPEG support for HLS v4 and v5
omkarshetkar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 13:44:00 CEST 2013
As I understand latest FFMPEG version 2.0.1 supports till HLS version 3.
After going through draft specifications for HLS:
New features introduced in HLS V4 are:
- Segments with bit range support with tag EXT-X-BYTERANGE
- Support for fast forward and fast rewind with tags EXT-X-I-FRAMES-ONLY
- Alternate media option with tag EXT-X-MEDIA
New features introduced in HLS V5 are:
- Introduction of new attributes KEYFORMAT and KEYFORMATVERSIONS for tag
- Introduction of tag EXT-X-MAP
- Support for subtitles by introduction of SUBTITLES value for attribute
TYPE of tag EXT-X-MEDIA.
Wanted to know which of the above features are planned to be implemented in
FFMPEG library in near future? It will be great if you share the expected
delivery dates or versions for these features.
Thanks in advance.
Omkar V S
More information about the ffmpeg-devel