[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Donations & hw for FFmpeg developers

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Sep 10 23:54:07 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 09:32:30PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:
>
> > bisecting regressions would proportionally speed up
> > with faster hw
>

> Installing ksh will not only be cheaper but also help
> more (at least in many cases).

dash also makes configure run faster and is what ubuntu uses by
default (that is /bin/sh == dash)

time <sh> ./configure
dash: 3.5s
bash:10.5s
ksh:  3.9s

i didnt benchmark but i assume compile & fate without configure is
about the same between shells. And these are more time consuming than
configure

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your
right to say it. -- Voltaire