[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]Move param0/param1 documentation

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 12:42:43 CEST 2013

On date Monday 2013-09-30 10:12:12 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos encoded:

> > > Then I consider the current documentation misleading.
> >
> > How misleading?
>

> "Options may be set by specifying -option value in the
> FFmpeg tools."

Which tools? ffmpeg, ffplay, ffprobe, ffserver?

Some options are only settable through a specific context
(e.g. scale/aresample options), or using a specific syntax (-opt:SPEC
ffmpeg special option), so this cannot be generalized.
--
FFmpeg = Friendly and Fancy Mere Puritan Enhancing Glue