[FFmpeg-devel] glcs project: opengl capture sending a rawvideo stream to ffmpeg

Olivier Langlois olivier at trillion01.com
Tue Apr 8 07:37:26 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have mentionned my project few weeks ago on the users ml and back at
that time, I wasn't aware we could ask to add projects using ffmpeg on
your project page.

I saw libsourcey request earlier today so here is my formal request to
add my project to your project page if you find it worthy enough for
your website visitors.

https://github.com/lano1106/glcs

This is a GPL project that target specifically Linux allowing you to
capture opengl rendering and sends it to ffmpeg through a pipe. As far
as I know there is not a lot of applications like this on Linux and the
novelty of mine is that it strictly adhere to unix philosophy. No fancy
GUI. All it does is to provide a rawvideo format stream to ffmpeg and
then it gets out of the way giving to the users the full freedom to do
whatever ffmpeg can do with a rawvideo input.

Greetings,
Olivier