[FFmpeg-devel] Network IO in FFmpeg (was: abstractable threading api)

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Wed Apr 16 17:07:42 CEST 2014

Le primidi 21 germinal, an CCXXII, wm4 a écrit :
> I think it's a quality of implementation issue. It is meant to cancel
> system calls which are specified as cancellation points. Asynchronous
> cancellation is actually not needed. Though it's possible that glibc
> and OSX have various bugs (see http://ewontfix.com/2/ ).

I do not understand what you are saying. What I was saying is this:

If cancellation points worked in the libc but not in the kernel, they would
be completely useless. But that is not the case (in implementations we know
of), and therefore the issue is moot.

Since it is about cancellation points, it is about DEFERRED cancel, not
ASYNCHRONOUS cancel. ASYNCHRONOUS cancel is another story entirely, but as
you write, it is unneeded here.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George