[FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sun Aug 10 13:38:06 CEST 2014

Le tridi 23 thermidor, an CCXXII, wm4 a écrit :
> You seem to be under the impression that this matters.

That is the only thing that matters in FFmpeg: people work on what they
consider important.

> I don't want to have to develop for two slightly similar but
> different APIs, the end. And I don't want anyone else having to do that
> either.
>
> You're welcome to add a lavr API wrapper to swr, or to merge swr
> features into lavr, or to convince Libav to pick up swr in favor of
> lavr - just don't torture me with your API wars, OK?

You demand a lot, but nobody has a duty to meet your demands.

Yes, the situation with the two resampling libraries is bad for users, but
it will only be resolved if someone who cares about it does the job. I do
not. And as with the rest of FFmpeg, technical arguments will decide the
course of the project. If you were to prove that lavr is superior to lswr,
it would certainly be adopted.

But nothing will happen if nobody steps in.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George