[FFmpeg-devel] Invitation to VDD and registration

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Aug 16 09:10:41 CEST 2014

On 16.08.2014, at 03:48, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> On 16 Aug, Michael Niedermayer wrote :
>> I had not intended to come to VDD and reading this
>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/08/msg00478.html
>>
>> I definitively will not come to VDD, as it would just be wasted time,
>
> That's an easy excuse.

Unfortunately it is all too true as well, at least from the project merging aspect - though I very much think VDD is a great thing in all other ways (so Michael, I think your statement was - probably unintentionally - mean to the VDD organizers).
It just ends up with people repeating the same inflammatory remarks.
Whether it is "thieves" or whether it is "the top 18 people voted" (really? None of us here made it in the top 18 spot? Even if that was true in some kind of ranking it's hard not to be at least a bit insulted by such remarks).
Which is mostly why people avoid speaking to each other, at the least about anything close to the subject, so far the best that would happen is that everyone felt uncomfortable.