[FFmpeg-devel] Invitation to VDD and registration

Kieran Kunhya kierank at obe.tv
Sat Aug 16 15:36:00 CEST 2014

> do you think me, the rest of the FFmpeg and Libav developers sitting
> together and people accusing each other of theft and lies. Would lead
> to improved relations ?

You perhaps fail to realise since you've never done it before that
there's vastly less of these long, stupid historical tales when
speaking in person. This is mainly because everyone has heard both
sides of the story a trillion times and frankly would rather do
something productive than hear another persons account of history.

Look how many stories there are of FFmpeg and Libav people having
friendly conversation at VDD in this thread alone. Have you ever done
this before in the last 3 years? If you want to have this "shit
happens, let's move" on discussion, do you seriously think it can be
done online? Look at the monumental success of this thread...

If you actually want to act like a real leader and even move in the
right direction towards solving this issue the only way forward is for
you to be at VDD, whether you find it an enjoyable experience or not.
Do you think anyone likes sitting in a room with a lot of strong
personalities and discussing difficult topics? No, but they are
willing to come to the table unlike almost every attempt you make at
"compromise" which basically involves saying "do things my way". The
world doesn't work like that.

Whether you like it or not these problems are social issues (cf VDD11)
and they will require a social solution. You are the blocking factor
and everyone knows it and we say it every VDD.