[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Bug bounties

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Aug 28 14:04:01 CEST 2014

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:

> I was thinking about if we should put an automatic
> 50 USD bounty on every bug thats open since more
> than 12 month on trac, and limited to the first
> 20 claims so its limited to 1000 USD max expenses
> for us (for now)

I believe this is a good idea, age should definitely
be a reason for a bounty, we can try votes as well
if wanted.

The only point I would like to add is that the
bounty should be claimed (reserved) in advance to
make sure the ticket is still reproducible and we
all agree that there is a bug at all.

Carl Eugen