[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Bug bounties

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Thu Aug 28 22:04:21 CEST 2014

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 19:41:30 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> this looks pretty cool
> i am not sure how successfull this would be for us but i definitly
> support the idea of trying this ...

I was thinking it would be more useful as a tool for users and
downstreams to offer bounties (but not necessarily as a tool for "SPI
donations for developer bug killing idea" due to the double fee hit).
Our current system of "user offers bounty, we add bounty keyword on
trac, nothing happens" is not effective.

Maybe I'll ask some other projects that are using it about their opinion
and how they use it. If we like it then I'll start mentioning it on the
bug tracker, etc, and figure out how to best implement it.

Here's the team page:
https://www.bountysource.com/teams/ffmpeg

Interested developers can register and I can add them to the FFmpeg
team. Or lazy people can just squawk here, or email me, and I can send
an invite.

Lou