[FFmpeg-devel] How to make the link.exe as MSVC's link

Jesse Jiang jessejiang0214 at outlook.com
Tue Dec 16 01:39:32 CET 2014

Hi All,

I want to make MSVC build ffmpeg more easily. There is a problem, if we launch msys.bat which in mingw enviroment, the link.exe in msys will conflict with link.exe in MSVC.

So I try to change the configure like this

    msvc)
        # Check whether the current MSVC version needs the C99 converter.
        # From MSVC 2013 (compiler major version 18) onwards, it does actually
        # support enough of C99 to build ffmpeg. Default to the new
        # behaviour if the regexp was unable to match anything, since this
        # successfully parses the version number of existing supported
        # versions that require the converter (MSVC 2010 and 2012).
        cl_major_ver=$(cl 2>&1 | sed -n 's/.*Version \([[:digit:]]\{1,\}\)\..*/\1/p')
        if [ -z "$cl_major_ver" ] || [ $cl_major_ver -ge 18 ]; then
            cc_default="cl"
            ld_default="/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0/VC/BIN/link.exe"
        else
            cc_default="c99wrap cl"
            ld_default="link"
        fi

“VC/BIN/link.exe” only be used in X86, if it is x64 or arm, the path is different.

But I found that, the cl and link.exe is in the same folder, so is there any way to get the cl path, and then modify the path with link’s path.

Thanks all.

Best regards,

Jesse

Sent from Windows Mail