[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: Inline asm fixes for Intel compiler on Windows

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Feb 5 19:45:23 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 11:41:38AM +1100, Matt Oliver wrote:
> Cheers for the feedback. Ill split up the patches to make things easier. To
> start off I have split the libmpcodec patches into some smaller easily
> digestible chunks.
>
> Patch 1: Changes a couple of inline asm labels for using named labels to
> standard numbered labels. This has no affect but to allow for compilation
> with compilers that dont support named labels.

If you use numbered labels I believe you need to append the jump
direction.
I.e.
jnz 1b
instead of
jnz 1
if you mean the 1: label that comes before.
At least that is what I see in e.g. libavcodec/x86/snowdsp.c and many
more files.

> > Well, having the DECLARE_ALIGNED changes separately would be nice since I
> think that part can be applied without further review.
>
> Patch 2: Is just the declare aligned fixes. This uses the existing cross
> platform specific declare aligned macro instead of the gcc only attribute.
> Seperated as Reimar suggested.

You seem to have lost the very first "static". Otherwise it looks ok to
me.

> Patch 3: Removes unnecessary commas from some inline asm. Leaving the
> commas in with nothing following them causes icl compilation errors.
> removing them has no impact on anything else as ive seen this used else
> where in ffmpeg so this should have no impact.

Looks good to me as well.
If nobody has any other comments I will try to get it applied to MPlayer
soon to try to keep the codebases in sync (or if I'm too slow
anyone with commit access there is of course free to apply them).