[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: Inline asm fixes for Intel compiler on Windows

Matt Oliver protogonoi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 14:57:39 CET 2014

On 9 February 2014 23:20, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:
>
> > > +check_cc <<EOF && enable inline_asm_direct_symbol_refs
> > > +void foo(void){ int test; __asm__ volatile("movl test, %eax"); }
> > > +EOF
> >
> > Please simplify as discussed.
>
> And please move the patch in the same block as the
> EBP/EBX test.
>
> Carl Eugen

> I thought we both agreed that it works fine with:
> check_inline_asm inline_asm_direct_symbol_refs '"mov test, %eax\n"'

I assumed it did to but when i retested with 4.8.2 and my MinGW it was
actually failing the test and so HAVE_INLINE_DIRECT_SYMBOL_REFS was being
set to 0. Of course everything still compiled and worked fine because gcc
supports the workaround named interfaces but the point is to only enable
the workaround for compilers that cant support the existing MANGLE and
leave all the others as is. So the issue I referred to was simply that my
version of mingw was being set as not supporting direct symbol references
when using the suggested change.

> And please move the patch in the same block as the
> EBP/EBX test.

Given that the tests uses x86 opcodes then yes your absolutely right they
should be in the x86 section. Guess I spend to much time thinking x86 as
default and forget about the other architectures. Anyway patches updated!
And again thanks for the speedy feedback.