[FFmpeg-devel] Bug Tracker Etiquette is Unacceptable

Anshul anshul.ffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 21:08:15 CET 2014

wm4 <nfxjfg at googlemail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 20:01:36 +0100
>Thilo Borgmann <thilo.borgmann at mail.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 27.02.14 18:57, schrieb Derek Buitenhuis:
>> > https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3424
>>
>> > This is not acceptable.
>> >
>> > Carl, you're a jerk, and apparently unable to comprehend English.
>>
>> The unacceptable behaviour here as well as on trac comes from
>yourself in
>> showing everyone that you're able to write down the abusive words you
>know of.
>> I'm sure everyone can understand your arguments about that ticket
>much better
>> after reading them.
>>
>> Maybe you can reconsider to argue about what you think should be done
>with that
>> ticket.
>
>While Derek exploded a bit, Carl's behavior is indeed a bit frustrating
>for bug reporters. Things like closing bug reports as invalid just
>because you didn't provide "full uncut console output" for an easily
>reproducible bug (or on the other hand, a bug that can't be easily
>reproduced with ffmpeg CLI tools) just drives reporters and even
>potential contributors away.
+1 wm4, as an opensource we should not the force user, how to report, if the one who reported does not provide the detail still it might be useful for another person facing same bug to start reporting or help, the job to decide that was a bug in the whole system where ffmpeg is just part of it also takes lot of effort and we should respect that.