[FFmpeg-devel] Allow interrupt callback for AVCodecContext

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Mon Jan 6 09:33:42 CET 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reimar Döffinger" <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>
To: "FFmpeg development discussions and patches" <ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] Allow interrupt callback for AVCodecContext

> On 06.01.2014, at 09:34, "Don Moir" <donmoir at comcast.net> wrote:
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Reimar Döffinger" <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>

In the future I will see what is taking the most time with avcodec_open2. Before this I never paid much attention to it either but I
did look quickly at the code and then left quickly haha.

Right now I don't even know if avcodec_open2 is supposed to work for an allocated context if you use this:

AVCodecContext *new_context = avvode_alloc_context3 (codec);
avcodec_open2 (new_context,codec,NULL);

In the cases it did not work it did not matter if you set the codec defaults either but should not have to anyway.

Doesn't work for say Theora saying missing side data and I think fails elsewhere for others. First time I tried it, it work for
mpeg2 then next to files failed and moved on and started using copy context method.

The original avcode_open2 on the stream codec works always as expected which is the existing_context used above.