[FFmpeg-devel] Inconsistent UDP output packet size - patch

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:27:53 CEST 2014

First, the patch affects the code which is used in a lot of scenarios,
not only UDP, and it would change the behaviour in many cases. In some
scenarious the introduced effect (delayed writeout) would be
undesired. So consider adding special option/flag to enable this new
behaviour.

"!s->max_packet_size" clause is strange, as Benoit has already said.

The second chunk of patch is totally strange to me. I'd just move
"s->buf_ptr = s->buffer;" line into previous conditional block, i
believe that condition "s->buf_ptr < s->buffer" is not supposed to
happen.

P. S. In my opinion the issue #2748 is not a bug. The produced stream
is perfectly OK and shouldn't break anything, probably except some
oversimplified artisanal software.

--
Andrey Utkin