[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]Add int64_t probesize2 to AVFormatContext

Eli Kara eli at algotec.co.il
Mon Jul 28 09:09:29 CEST 2014

It would solve the problem for DVDs with structure, which is probably what most people have when they rip a DVD.

Just out of curiosity - why isn't DVD/BR reading implemented in FFmpeg? Is it because of the encryption that needs to be cracked?
I'm asking because I couldn't find any explanation in the FAQ. It seems weird no one has ever needed it before..

Eli