[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]Add int64_t probesize2 to AVFormatContext

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Jul 28 17:21:34 CEST 2014

Le decadi 10 thermidor, an CCXXII, Oliver Fromme a écrit :
> Ah!  Thank you very much for pointing me to the concat demuxer.
> I wasn't aware that it can be (ab)used to declare the presence
> of streams in an input file.  I will definitely give that a try.

Please let me know of any issue.

> Well, my own tool can do all of that ...  The problem is, it
> is written in Python, and I'm somewhat reluctant to touch Perl
> scripts.

If it is written using only basic python structures, I can probably easily
translate it to perl. The information I need (apart from the default/longest
title) is, for the selected title:

- the type and ID of each stream;

- the offset and duration of each cell.

> Thinking about it, I'd rather rewrite it in C.  Maybe the
> functionality can be added to ffmpeg as another demuxer, like
> "-f dvd -dvd_title 3 -i <path> ..."  The question is whether
> this would be better than using libdvd.  I've never used libdvd
> before, so I can't tell for sure.  FWIW, the mplayer team
> decided to use their own code instead of depending on libdvd.

IIRC, MPlayer uses libdvdread, just an internal fork because of old
problems.

Using libdvdread would be beneficial to read encrypted DVDs directly. Using
libdvdnav would also work with obfuscated DVDs. But they are probably harder
to integrate into ffmpeg.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George