[FFmpeg-devel] rectification filter

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jul 29 01:16:12 CEST 2014

Daniel Oberhoff <danieloberhoff <at> gmail.com> writes:

> + * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> + * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License

Your patch is missing a configure hunk that
makes sure that the filter is only compiled
if --enable-gpl was specified.
Search for *filter_deps="gpl" for an example.

> +// todo: only include what's needed for the given vector width
> +#include <emmintrin.h>
> +#include <immintrin.h>
> +#include <pmmintrin.h>
> +#include <x86intrin.h>

I suspect this is not acceptable.
There are multiple reasons iirc, among them compiler
compatibility.
I suggest you submit a C only version first, yasm
optimizations (or theoretically inline asm but
this would also cause some opposition) can be
added later.

See tools/patcheck for a tool that (also) tells
you about a few style nits, since it is your
file, you could choose to ignore them, but it
makes everybody's life (slightly) easier if
you follow our general style.

Carl Eugen