[FFmpeg-devel] 100m acceptable input?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Jun 4 01:23:59 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 04:45:54PM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
> Hello.  A couple of feedbacks were received today on "ffmpeg command line
> interface" so thought I'd share them here in case they'd be helpful.
>
> 1.
>
> ffmpeg -r 25 -f dshow -i video=XXX
>
> This actually "overrides" the input PTS from dshow and treats it "as if" it
> were 25 fps.  This is insanely confusing to beginners.  Perhaps show a
> warning message when they use this option and it's not a raw type? Just
> throwing it out there.

i agree theres a problem and agree that something should be done to
avoid it, not sure what is best though

Frequently ignored answer#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.